I should clarify, however, that just as the term Witchcraft encompasses many different traditions of the Old Religion, I believe Green Witchcraft too encompasses a wide variety of traditions. Just because one calls themselves a Wiccan, does not exclude them from also considering themselves a Green Witch - and the other way around.
The way I see it, Green Witchcraft is:
- An Earth-Centered Spiritual Practice
- Based in Direct Communion with the God & Goddess (both separate and unified), the Elementals, Deva's and Other Folk of the Natural World
- Characteristically Natural and Eclectic in Approach to Magick and Celebratory Ritual
- Less Concerned with Formalities and Ritualistic Dogma, and
- Very Concerned with the State of the Earth's Environment and the Well-Being of All Lifeforms Within Her
Whether these observations are, in fact, historically accurate or not - they do make up some of the criterion on which I base my own tradition of Green Witchcraft - and a general description for the purposes of this blog.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this one. What does it mean to be a Green Witch - to you?